Monday, June 21, 2010

lazy people tick me off.


okay, you have to understand where i work. it's a three aisle store, like this one above. (i'm so handy with paint sometimes. :P) not that big. it takes less than thirty seconds to walk to the back of the store. so WHY do people insist on

a)leaving shit at the cash register
b)asking me to 'go get something for them'

alright, we'll start with 'a'. people walk around the store, they pick up what they want, and they bring it to us. awesome! you look in your hand basket and hm, you suddenly don't know if you want that lip gloss anymore. so what do you do? lay it on the side of my cash register. excuse me, do i LOOK like your maid? while i am ringing up your other items you are MORE THAN WELCOME to take that lip gloss and walk 4 feet and put it the fuck back. unless you are old or crippled i see no fucking reason that you can't walk back to where you walked before and put it back. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

moving on to 'b'. certain customers walk in the store and throw something on the counter. i pick it up and it's an old crumpled box of whatever they've obviously run out of. i look up at them and they roll their eyes and say, "i need one of those." . . . you must be fucking joking. PLEASE tell me you're fucking joking. you don't look crippled to me. you're old, but not to the elderly status, so why in THE GOOD LORDS NAME are you shoving this in my face? i only get items that are behind the cash register for you. you're on your own for the rest of the store, ass wipe. so i sit there and look at them and tell them that it's located in aisle two. you're fucking welcome. and it's not even the fact that they just acted as if i was born to go and grab lotion for them that really gets to me. these people NEVER, EVER ask. they TELL you. rudely, i might add. not "oh, can you please go and grab this for me quick?" (although i'd give them the same type of answer anyways, it's not my job to go and grab shit for you) it's "i need one of these." FUCK YOU. who taught you manners? did you skip that week in kindergarten? you need to watch sesame street again, jerk. come back when you're finished and then i'll treat you with respect.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your comments on my blog, they mean a lot!

    I'm loving the posts you have posted so far, I used to work in retail and it was a pain, too!

    ReplyDelete